Do others seek your guidance when faced with a particularly difficult technical challenge? Do you have a knack for seeing a problem and immediately discerning the likely solution? Maybe you are a seasoned coder who is bored with running to put out one small fire after another and ready to move on to more substantial challenges?
We are looking for Software Engineers to join the Ukazoo development team. Ukazoo Software Engineers work closely with the company's founder to design and build in-house customer relationship management software, complete shipping suites, and software to rapidly catalog, price, and sort over 250,000 books per week. At Ukazoo, Software Engineers are not only involved in designing, developing, and deploying software, but also in discovering interesting problems to solve and developing metrics to continually analyze the effectiveness of our solutions. Ukazoo Software Engineers have a flair for solving difficult problems and an ability to think outside the box.
Established by two brothers in 2001, Ukazoo Books has quickly grown to be one of the leading companies in the acquisition, processing, and sale of new and used books through brick and mortar retail stores and over the internet. Currently we employ over 120 team members in four locations across the US.
Our Corporate Headquarters
Located at the top of a refinished gaslight production facility (circa 1880), there is nothing conventional about our approach to office space. Our office is a vibrant place to work and includes a fully-stocked complimentary kitchen, a full gym, a game room with pool and ping-pong tables, and a lounge area.
- Work closely with lead software engineer and founders of company to develop innovative solutions to identify, sort, and sell books.
- Work with other members of the software development team to continue to expand our shared architecture.
- Monitor existing systems and brainstorm with end users on how systems can be improved.
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Looking to design and create software from concept to executable
- Tack sharp analytic abilities
- 0-15 years of experience
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent degree/experience.
- .Net and C# experience a plus but not required
- SQL experience a plus, MySQL a plus.
Compensation / Benefits
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Work largely on a "as much supervision as you require" basis
- 401k - with company match
- Blue Cross, Blue Shield Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Yearly Developer Stipend for Professional Development
- Flexible Work Hours
- Game Room (with competitive ping pong league)
- Full Gym
- Complimentary Stocked Kitchen
- Excellent Library Building Potential
If you love books, consider yourself a renaissance person, or just want to be part of an organization where you will be challenged and valued, please submit an updated resume and cover letter